Lewis Kelvin Martin: November 10, 2008

Story of the Arrival

My water broke Monday at 3:50am. After waking up Shaun and my mom we were off to the hospital. Once at the hospital the nurse checked and I was at a 4, nothing too exciting I was at a 4 when I went to the doctor on Thursday, they put me in a room and the process began. To make a long story short...8 hours later the doctor came in and I was only at a 5. He said he was giving me until 5:00pm and if things didn't start moving I would have to have a c-section. Well at 4:00 the nurse came in and I was only at a 6, yeah go me. 20 minutes later I was trying to move and all of a sudden three nurses came rushing in, the baby's heart rate had dropped. The doctor came in and said it was time to get hime out. So off I went to have a c-section. At 4:56pm Lewis Kelvin Martin arrived! His weight was 8 lbs. 1oz. and he was 21 in. long.

All in all it wasn't so bad until the meds began to wear off before they were done. I could feel everything on the right side; let me just say it was not cool. At some point they put me out and tried to finish before I woke up...no such luck. An hour later I was in my room and FINALLY able to be with Lewis and Shaun. Lewis was having trouble regulating his blood sugar and during the night was taken to the special care nursery. I came home on Thursday ut Lewis had to stay behind. It was VERY hard to come home without him and even harder to see him with all those wires.

Lewis & Daddy

Lewis & Mommy

Lewis and Nana

Lewis and Maddi

2 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

CONGRATS!!! He is SO cute!! i am so happy for you guys! Its exciting!! I'm so glad you can comment on your blog now! did you see my note on my blog to you? i love that you are blogging! Sorry the little guy had problems. is he home yet? sorry you had to have a C section i hear those take long to recover!?! good luck! i miss you!

Sokimna said...

Wendy, I am glad that you both you and Lewis are doing well now! Please, let me know if I could help out! Let's get together and do dinner!